- 400g pork mince
- 400g beef mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 4tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1-2 free-range eggs, beaten
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 x 355g jars baked cannellini beans
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- First, make the meatballs. Mix the mince with the garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs, season and add one of the eggs. Bring the mince together with your hands – if it isn’t quite wet enough, add more egg. Heat a frying pan with a little oil, fry a small piece of the meat, then taste to check seasoning. Shape into golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Heat the oven to 200 C, gas 6. Brown the meatballs on all sides in the frying pan, then transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Tip the beans into a saucepan, add a splash of water, and heat until bubbling.
- When the meatballs are done, mix with the beans and divide between 4 plates. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.