- 125g castor sugar, plus
- 4tbsp to dust
- 3 large eggs
- 125g plain flour, sifted
- ½ x 360g tin Nestlé caramel treat
- 150ml double thick cream
- 2 bananas, mashed
- icing sugar, to dust
- 10g plain chocolate, grated
- You will also need
- a 30x20cm Swiss roll tin,
- greased and lined with parchment paper, plus extra parchment paper
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan. Using an electric whisk, beat the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl for 10 minutes. They should be pale and thick, and leave a trail when the whisk is lifted.
- Gently fold in the flour then pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden and risen.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper larger than the Swiss roll on a work surface. Dust the parchment paper
with the extra castor sugar then carefully turn out the warm sponge on to the sugar-dusted paper.
- Peel away the parchment paper on the base of the sponge, then trim off the edges of the sponge. Score a line along one of the shorter ends of the sponge, around 2.5cm from the edge.
- Start rolling, using this incision to help the roll begin, and the parchment paper to help you turn it tightly. Leave to cool completely.
- Unroll the sponge and spread with three-quarters of the caramel, leaving a 1cm border of clean sponge all around. Whip the cream to soft peaks then fold through the mashed banana. Using a palette knife, spread the cream over the caramel.
- Carefully re-roll, beginning again with the incision. Roll all the way to the end and stop once the seal is at the base. Drizzle with the remaining caramel,
dust with icing sugar and scatter with the grated chocolate.