Is there any dessert more satisfying than a great banoffee pie? It’s a great way to use up bananas you’ve got lingering in the kitchen. The fruit contains serotonin as well as potassium and vitamin B6 to keep you feeling happy and healthy.
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 397g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 300ml double cream
- 50g plain or milk chocolate, grated
- You Will Need:
- 23cm loose bottom flan tin
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz to make fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a small pan then add to the biscuits and blitz until mixed. Press the mixture into the flan tin, and up the sides. Press down well with the back of a wooden spoon. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 mins or until very firm
- Spread the caramel over the biscuit base. Arrange the banana slices over the toffee. Whip the cream and spread over the bananas. Top with the grated chocolate.