- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml milk
- 300g soft goats' cheese, crumbled
- 75g grated Parmesan (or use a vegetarian option)
- 4tbsp breadcrumbs
- For The Salad:
- 1tbsp walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented, with ½tbsp orange juice reserved
- 150g cooked baby beetroot
- 75g mixed salad leaves
You will need 4 x 11cm buttered mini flan dishes.
- Heat the oven to 170C,, gas 3. Beat the egg yolks, cream, milk, goats’ cheese and 50g of the Parmesan; season. Whisk the egg whites until stiff; stir into the cheese mix. Divide between the dishes, sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan and the breadcrumbs and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the oil and orange juice. When ready to serve, toss the beetroot, orange segments and salad leaves in the dressing.