- For the base:
- 225g oat biscuits, crumbed
- 110g butter, melted
- For the creamy filling:
- 300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 250ml double cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 110g unrefined caster sugar
- 5tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 level tsp powdered gelatine
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- handful chocolate curls, to decorate
- You will need:
- 23cm (9in) spring-form tin, lightly oiled
- Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the tin and chill.
- Use an electric hand whisk to mix the cream cheese, double cream, egg yolks and sugar. Whisk in the Baileys.
- In a small bowl, let the gelatine “sponge” with a few tablespoons of water, then heat it gently over a pan of simmering water. Stir into the cream.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the cream mixture. Pour over the base, cover with clingfilm and chill overnight.
- Decorate with chocolate curls, toasted hazelnuts and an extra glug of Baileys.
If you love cheesecake, try out celeb chef Zola Nene’s delicious blueberry cheesecake: