An autumn fruit crumble recipe with mixed fruits served with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of clotted cream.
ALSO SEE: Apple And Almond Crumble Recipe
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 x 450g packs mixed frozen fruits, (we used a mixture of blackberries, plums, blackcurrants and rhubarb)
- For The Crumble Topping:
- 100g plain flour
- 50g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 50g caster sugar
- 25g each of hazelnuts, almonds and pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Stir the sugar into the fruits and place in a 1 litre baking dish.
- To make the crumble topping, place the flour, butter, sugar and nuts in a food processor and pulse chop for a few seconds or until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs and the nuts are not too fine. Put the crumble on top of the fruit, pressing down lightly.
- Place the fruit crumble on the centre shelf of the oven and bake for 23 to 30 minutes or until the top is browned and the juices are bubbling through.