- 600g baby aubergines, halved, or 2 large, quartered
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium red onions, quartered
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4tbsp mild curry paste
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 x 400g cans full-fat coconut milk
- 3tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp mustard seeds handful coriander, torn
- Heat the oven to 200C fan, gas 7. Put the aubergines in a large roasting tin, drizzle with 2tbsp of the olive oil and season to taste. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the ﬂesh is soft.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan. Add the red onions and fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and curry paste, and cook for a further 2 minutes or until caramelised and bubbling.
- Stir through the ground almonds, coconut milk and yogurt, and bring to the boil. Simmer and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until reduced and thickening. Season to taste.
- Add the aubergines to the pan along with the mustard seeds and cook for a ﬁnal 10 minutes. Stir in the coriander, and serve with naan breads or rice.