Asparagus and goat's cheese frittataPrint This
- 3 large asparagus spears, woody ends discarded, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp salt and a good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 8 large fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 small/medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 40g crumbly goats cheese
- Blanch the asparagus in a bowl of boiling water for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking, then drain. Whisk the eggs with the seasoning, lemon zest and mint.
- Preheat the grill to 180ºC (or medium).
- Heat the oil and butter or ghee in a small non-stick omelette or pancake pan (mine is 15cm in diameter) with a heatproof handle. Add the onion, cook until soft and turning golden at the edges. Add the asparagus, whisked eggs and goats cheese to the pan. Turn the heat down as low as possible, cover and cook for 24 minutes. Uncover and cook until the frittata feels firm about three-quarters the way up.
- Remove the pan from the hob and place under the grill. Grill until the top is lightly browned and has puffed up.