These little pesto and asparagus tarts will be on your favourite list in no time!
- 500g asparagus
- 75g Parmesan
- 100g half fat crème friache
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 300g ready rolled puff pastry
- 4tbsp pine nuts
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Basil leaves, to scatter
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water. Set aside.
- Finely grate half the Parmesan and mix through the crème fraiche with the pesto.
- Unroll the pasty and cut into 6 rectangles. Using a sharp knife, score a border on each tart, 1cm from the edge. Spread the pesto mixture inside each border and divide the asparagus between the tarts. Scatter with the pine nuts and brush the pastry borders with the beaten egg. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a peeler shave the remaining Parmesan. Scatter the tarts with the Parmesan and black pepper to serve.
Top Tip for making Asparagus and Pesto Tarts: If you have lots of mouths to feed save time and make one large tart instead.