- 2 x 400g tins Staffords artichoke hearts
- 2 x 400g sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- 50g butter
- 2 large shallots, finely sliced
- 400g baby leeks, finely sliced
- 125ml cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- handful fresh basil
- handful fresh chives
- handful fresh Italian parsley
- 100ml olive oil
- 30ml apple cider vinegar
- Fresh baby leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll out puff pastry. Using a 10cm cutter- cut 6 circles out of the first sheet of pastry. Cut the same 6 circles out of the second sheet and then using a slightly smaller cutter- cut another circle inside each one creating a ring of pastry.
- Place the 6 circles on a lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Top each circle with the ring of pastry. Brush that with egg wash and then place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set the tart shells aside to cool.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and slice into quarters.
- In a large saucepan- sweat the shallots and leeks in the butter. Season well. When the veg are very soft add the artichoke hearts and cream. Bring to the boil. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Using a stick blender, or NutriBullet or something similar blitz together the basil, chives, parsley, oil, vinegar and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Assemble the tartlets by removing the little puffed up centre and filling the shell with the leek and artichoke mix.
- Dress the baby leaves with the vinaigrette and top each tartlet with a generous amount of leaves.
- Serve with extra vinaigrette on the side.
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.