Packed courgettes, artichokes and petit pois, it’s got plenty of your five-a-day in and tastes really creamy thanks to the butter and Parmesan cheese. What more could you want?
- 25g butter, plus a little extra
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g Arborio rice
- Splash dry white wine
- 900ml vegetable stock, boiling
- 400g baby courgettes, sliced
- 195g chargrilled artichokes
- 100g frozen petit pois
- 4tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large, solid saucepan. Add the shallots and let them sweat for a few minutes. Next add the garlic, stir for a minute then add the rice with a good pinch of salt. Keep stirring the rice until it’s well coated in the oil and butter. Add the wine and bubble for a minute or two. Now add the stock a ladle at a time, keeping the heat medium. Stir and stir until the rice has absorbed the stock, then add another ladle.
- After about 15 minutes, the rice will be nearly cooked but still slightly hard. Now add the vegetables, more stock and keep stirring for a few more minutes until the rice is perfectly cooked (it should be soft but with just a bit of bite). Take it off the heat, and add half the Parmesan and a knob of butter. Cover and let it stand for a few minutes. Dish into warmed bowls with extra Parmesan on the side.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.