- 250g shallots, peeled and halved
- 150g dried apricots
- 6 large chicken thighs
- 1⁄2-1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 200-300ml chicken stock
- 1⁄2tbsp light olive oil
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- a handful of coriander, parsley and mint leaves, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the shallots in a roasting tin and top with the apricots and chicken, skin side up. Sprinkle over the chilli, cumin and coriander seeds. Pour in enough stock to half cover the chicken, drizzle over the light olive oil and season well. Cover with foil and cook for 1 hour, removing the foil after 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the potatoes to the boil in a pan of cold water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Mix with the spring onions, herbs, extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. Serve along with the chicken, with some natural yogurt.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.