- 1 x 375g packet ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1tbsp ground almonds
- 1 x 410g tin apricot halves in juice
- 50 to 75g marzipan, cut into slivers
- 1tbsp flaked almonds
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- Whipped cream or Greek yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, 200 C fan, 475 F, gas 7. Place the pastry on a greased baking sheet. Make a frame about 2.5cm (1in) in with a knife but dont cut through the pastry. Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the ground almonds over the inside of the frame. Drain the apricots then arrange them cut-side down on the pastry. Make a little slit in the top of each apricot and push in a piece of marzipan. Scatter over the flaked almonds and brown sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until well risen and browned. Serve immediately with whipped cream or Greek yogurt.