This white fish dish is easy to prepare and full of fresh, bright flavours
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1-2tbsp capers, rinsed
- handful of pitted green olives
- 1-2tbsp Peppadew® Hot Jalapeño Slices
- 4 sustainable firm white fish fillets
- Gently sauté the onion in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in tinned tomatoes (if you prefer to use fresh, make sure the tomatoes are richly flavoured and juicy), bay leaves, dried herbs, capers, olives and Jalapeño Slices. Simmer for a few minutes until the flavours have married.
- Add fish fillets to poach in the sauce. You can fry the fish before adding to the sauce, if you prefer.
Recipe supplied by Peppadew SA