Try out this bunny chow recipe vegetarian guests will love
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 whole green chillies
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp each turmeric, dhania, cumin powders
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp crushed ginger-garlic
- Splash of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup broad beans boiled until soft
We know that this is one bean curry recipe South Africa will love. This broad beans curry creates the perfect gravy for you to dip bread in. Plus it’s vegetarian, so great for a meat-free Monday treat!
- Gently fry onion and chillies in oil until softened.
- Add tomatoes. Cook until moisture has evaporated.
- Add spices and a splash of water. Continue cooking until spices have melded with tomato.
- Add this mixture to beans, with a little more water if necessary.
- Cook gently until gravy is thick. Serve in a bunny (a quarter-loaf of white bread, hollowed out inside)
Get our FREE weekly meal planner delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for Dinner Done & Dusted.
Watch your inbox for 5 quick and easy weekday dinners PLUS a foodie bonus powered by woman&home and Essentials. Check out our terms and conditions here.