This quick-to-make casserole turns store cupboard staples into a warming meal
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 250 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 x 400gm tins of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 ml (1 cup) Peppadew Sweet Piquanté Pepper Relish
- A large handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) feta cheese, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and Peppadew Sweet Piquanté Pepper Relish.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Correct the seasoning and serve in bowls topped with the fresh coriander and feta cheese.
Supplied by Peppadew SA