A chicken recipe that's sure to impress
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 4 skinless, chicken fillets, cubed
- 4 teaspoon za’atar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 lemons to halve for garnish
- 8 bought mini pitas
- Flat leaf parsley, a bunch
- Wrap the pitas in foil and put into 200 degree oven for 10 minutes to warm
- Combine the za’atar, garlic and olive oil and pour over the chicken. Toss to combine
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers, with a folded slice of lemon in between each piece. Each breast makes two so 8 kebabs
- Heat griddle and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes, 3-4 minutes on each side – rotating and pressing down the skewers to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and put on a platter – if you are not using straight away, cover with foil. Garnish with halved lemons and a bunch of parsley.
Sign up and win!
Get our FREE weekly meal planner delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for Dinner Done & Dusted. Four lucky subscribers stand a chance to win a delicious Mediterranean Delicacies hamper valued at R500. Don’t miss out on all the delicious recipes!
Watch your inbox for 5 quick and easy weekday dinners PLUS a foodie bonus powered by woman&home and Essentials. Check out our terms and conditions here.