Try this fresh, tasty recipe from Siba Mtongana of Siba's Table fame
- 200 grams asparagus tips
- 200 grams broccolini
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 200 grams fine green beans, ends trimmed
- 200 grams snow peas
- 240 grams sugar snap peas
- 200 grams fresh shelled peas
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 150 grams herbed feta with sun-dried tomatoes or plain feta
- 250 grams baby arugula (rocket), thoroughly washed
- Place the asparagus tips and broccolini into a bowl and cover with boiling water; let sit until al dente, 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 1 minute. Carefully remove the asparagus and broccolini from the hot water, shake dry, and add to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Add the green beans, snow peas, sugar snaps and shelled peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the chile flakes. Transfer to a serving platter. Crumble over the feta and scatter rocket leaves over the top.
For more recipes from Siba, get your copy of her new cookbook My Table, which is available nationwide at Woolworths stores.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.