Try this tasty fuss-free pasta that’s also carb-conscious
You’ll love this healthy pasta alternative. And it cooks in minutes. This Chickpea fusilli with basil and sunflower seed pesto is simply delicious.
- 200-300g chickpea pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- 40g fresh basil (or rocket or watercress) rinsed and thicker stalks removed, then roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- Pinch of salt (or more to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain, drizzle with olive oil and set aside
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the Pesto in your food processor. Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. Check for seasoning and balance of flavours and adjust if necessary.
Looking for an easy breakfast recipe? Try this Sarah Graham recipe: