Kevin Joseph from The Oyster Box's famous Chicken And Prawn Curry
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 500g cubed chicken breast
- ½ cup oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, pureed or chopped
- 1 tin coconut cream
- ½ cup curry leaves, finely sliced
- 1 handful fresh coriander chopped
- Mix together all powdered spices, add lemon juice to form a paste.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside. Add the prawns and fry until semi cooked. Remove and place with the chicken.
- Add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Then add the curry paste and sauté until fragrant, mix in the tomatoes and cook for a further 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Blend in the curry leaves and cook well, adding some water if required until the consistency of a thick curry sauce is achieved.
- Then mix in the chicken and the prawns, cover and allow to simmer until the chicken is tender. Now pour in the coconut cream and allow to cook for a further 5 mins, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coriander just before serving. Especially good with rotis.
For another unusual combination, try our Chicken And Almond Curry With Spinach
For a classic, try out our simple chicken curry recipe
Sign up and win!
Get our FREE weekly meal planner delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for Dinner Done & Dusted. Four lucky subscribers stand a chance to win a delicious Mediterranean Delicacies hamper valued at R500. Don’t miss out on all the delicious recipes!
Watch your inbox for 5 quick and easy weekday dinners PLUS a foodie bonus powered by woman&home and Essentials. Check out our terms and conditions here.