These tasty tartlets are free from refined sugar
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
This recipe is taken from Karen Thomson and Kerry Hammerton’s book Sugar Free: 8 Weeks to Freedom From Sugar and Carb Addiction, R250, Jonathan Ball Publishers.
If you’re struggling to cut sugar from your diet, this book may be the answer. Sugar Free helps you get over your sugar dependency with an eight-week programme, which includes an easy-to-follow eating programme and tasty sugar-free recipes, leading you to a lifestyle that will leave you feeling great. Buy it now.
- 10ml psyllium husks
- 2 pinches of salt
- 10ml vanilla essence
- 50ml melted butter
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c. Mix all the ingredients, apart from the melted butter, in a food processor.
- Add the melted butter and mix well. You can add desiccated coconut to the mixture (optional).
- Pour the batter into greased individual muffin trays and bake for 20-30 min.
- Serve with 1 tbsp cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.