A delicious, easy lamb knuckle curry recipe from star chef Jacqui Rey
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 4 onions, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 82ml medium masala
- 5ml turmeric powder
- 5ml ground jeera
- 5ml ground coriander
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 kg lamb knuckle
- 15ml coarse salt
- Extra dhania, curry leaves to garnish
We show you how to cook lamb knuckles with this Indian lamb knuckle curry recipe from star chef Jacqui Rey. Cooking lamb knuckles has never been easier!
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot. Add onions, cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook a few mins. Add curry powder and ground spices.
- Stir continuously until mixture is well done. Add lamb knuckles, turning to coat with spice mixture. Keep cooking about 20 mins, taking care not to burn.
- Add 1 tin tomatoes, thyme and curry leaves. Put lid on, cook on a very low heat until lamb is tender (about 2 ½ – 3hrs). Add second tin tomatoes just before lamb has finished cooking.
- Check seasoning, add salt if necessary. Garnish with fresh dhania and curry leaves.
Sign up and win!
Get our FREE weekly meal planner delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for Dinner Done & Dusted. Four lucky subscribers stand a chance to win a delicious Mediterranean Delicacies hamper valued at R500. Don’t miss out on all the delicious recipes!
Watch your inbox for 5 quick and easy weekday dinners PLUS a foodie bonus powered by woman&home and Essentials. Check out our terms and conditions here.