Indian seasoning works with the richness of lamb to make a seriously delicious burger
- 800g lamb mince
- 2 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- zest 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander (include the stalks
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp salt
For the raita
- ½ cucumber
- 250ml plain yoghurt (not Greek)
- 2tbsp mint sauce
- To make the burgers, mix the burger ingredients together with your hands and marinate – 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Shape the meat into 6 burgers, then either cook on the barbecue for 20 minutes, turning once, or seal in a hot frying pan for 2 minutes, then cook in a 200°C, 180°C fan oven for 15 minutes.
- To make the raita, grate the cucumber, sprinkle with salt and leave in a sieve for 10 minutes. Squeeze the cucumber well to remove excess water, then add to the yoghurt and mint sauce, and season. Serve the burgers with the raita on the side.