The Middle Eastern flavours in this dish, create a lovely, fragrant pudding that's perfect after a heavy meal.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 6 ripe plums, halved and stones removed
- 5tbsp runny honey
- 2-3tsp rose water (to taste)
- 50g butter
- 50g whole blanched almonds
- 1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthways
- Heat the oven to 170°C, 150°C fan. Arrange the plums cut side up in a baking dish, drizzle over the honey and rose water, dot with butter and scatter over the almonds and vanilla pod.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, occasionally spooning the juices back over the plums, until they’re caramelised, sticky and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving, or leave to cool to room temperature. They’re delicious served with vanilla or pistachio ice cream, or for breakfast with Greek yoghurt.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.