A delicious sweet treat that's heart-healthy too
Preparation Time: 30
Cooking Time: 4:00
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup of castor sugar
- 2/3 cup of fat-free, plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1-2 cups of diced seasonal fruit or berries
- 45g of dark chocolate, roughly grated
- Preheat oven to 120°C
- Draw a 20cm-circle on non-stick baking paper and place pencil-side down on a baking tray.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar (one tablespoon at a time), beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto the baking paper. Use a spoon to create an indent on top of the Pavlova. This will form a nest for the filling.
- Bake on the bottom shelf for 1 hour. Then turn oven off and leave in oven to cool for 3 hours.
- Mix the fat-free, plain yogurt with the honey and spoon into centre of the Pavlova. Top with the diced seasonal fruit or berries and add grated dark chocolate as a garnish.