This creamy chicken curry is packed with zing and mouth-watering Thai flavour
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 600g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 2 x 250g packs microwave rice
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted large of handful of coriander leaves
For the paste
- 3 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-4 green chillies
- 3 sticks of lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce large handful of coriander stalks pinch of palm sugar
- For the paste, simply whizz together all the ingredients in a blender.
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole, and fry the paste until fragrant. Add the chicken and peppers, and stir to coat. Then add the cinnamon, coconut milk and stock, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the cumin and coriander seeds, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the rice and cook through. Serve the rice alongside the curry, scattered with coriander leaves and toasted almonds.
Want more dinner ideas like this creamy chicken curry recipe? Then, browse through our curry recipe collection.