A rich and indulgent chocolate cheesecake recipe that's melt-in-the-mouth delicious
For the base:
- 200g chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 60g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 100ml double-thick cream
- 2 eggs
- 85g castor sugar
- 500g cream cheese
- Chilled Amarula liqueur (or you can use Baileys or any other cream liqueur)
- You will also need a 20cm springform tin
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the tin and line the sides with baking paper. Mix together the Hobnobs, hazelnuts and butter in a bowl and squash into the base. Place in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan. Put the chocolate and cream into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and leave to melt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric hand whisk until pale and thick. Beat in the cream cheese, then fold in the melted chocolate and cream. Spoon onto the chilled base and smooth flat. Place on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour or until just set but slightly wobbly in the middle. Leave to cool completely, then remove from the tin and slide onto a serving plate.
- Pour the Amarula into chilled shot glasses and your guests can either use it as a sauce for the cheesecake or simply drink it as a shot.