Flash the blinis in a hot oven, then leave to cool before adding the topping.
- 250g (9oz) raw beetroot, coarsely grated
- 3tsp grated horseradish
- 100ml (4fl oz) crème fraîche
- 16 ready-made blinis
- 50g (2oz) Onuga or Arënkha caviar
- Use plastic gloves to grate the beetroot into a small bowl, then set aside. Mix together the horseradish and crème fraîche in another bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To assemble: divide the beetroot between the blinis, place 1tsp of the crème fraîche mixture on top on each, and finish with a little of the caviar.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com