The Great South African Bake Off has been running on BBC Lifestyle for a few weeks now, and we’re absolutely hooked! Here’s a list of our favourite things about the show that’s got us baking up a storm…
- The Look and feel. The Great South African Bake Off has an amazing look and feel. The set is bright and colourful, there’s a light airiness to the tent that makes you want to go and bake right along with them.
- The friendly banter. There’s a great camaraderie and ease between the two presenters, Anne Hirsch and Donovan Goliath which makes the show really fun and amusing.
- The brilliant bakers. Each week viewers have the chance to learn a little more about each baker and what inspires them to create such beautiful masterpieces. We can hardly wait to see what they have planned for the following week!
- The local flavour. There’s a fabulous South African sense of humour that runs through the show. The presenters have it, the judges have it, and the bakers make us smile every week – even when there’s a disaster, they still manage to crack a smile. Episode one’s ‘oops’ jumps to mind…
- The creativity. From gold diggers cake and old-world butterscotch cupcakes to washing line biscuits and multi-coloured macarons, you can’t help but feel inspired after each and every episode.
Catch each episode of The Great South African Bake off every Tuesday on BBC Lifestyle, DStv channel 174
“Inspired to put on your apron? Try this delicious chocolate orange cake recipe. It’s light, easy to bake and it’s dairy and gluten-free!
As a qualified Journalist, Researcher, Social Media Manager, Digital Editor, Brand Manager now Social Media Campaigns Manager; my studies and experience have stood me in a good ground in recent years