We announced the series in our April issue and can’t wait to kick things off. Included in the categories are two reader-nominated themes, which are ‘community heroes’ and ‘friendship above and beyond’. And, in these trying times, it could be the perfect moment to think about women doing amazing things in your community, as well as that friend who’s been with you through thick and thin.
Sending your nominations is super simple and you have until Thursday 30 April 2020 to enter!
Who is the most amazing woman you know? Well don’t just sit there! Nominate her for one of our Amazing Women Awards community categories for 2020! Here’s how…
We’re so excited to be launching our Amazing Women Awards for 2020. This is our chance to celebrate the utterly brilliant women aged 40 and above who make a difference to our lives.
And, we’re including you in our endeavour to highlight the incredible women across SA. You’ll get a chance to put the unsung heroines of your lives and communities in the spotlight. So wherever you live it’s time to start thinking about who you will nominate. See the box for how to enter the Community Hero Awards for your region.
These awards celebrate the heroines in our community. Whether it’s your friend, your relation, your co-worker or your boss, these are the women that keep our worlds going around, from caring for others, to fighting for our countryside and small businesses, to going the extra mile for charity.
Who can be nominated?
Any amazing women you think deserve to be celebrated. Because this is our first year running the awards, we want you to join us in celebrating the women of SA. Though, the nominations must be for these two categories: Community Heroes and Friendship Above And Beyond.
How to enter
Check out our April issue to find details for submitting nominations via e-mail or letter. Or, simply fill out the form below. The deadline for nominations is Thursday 30 April 2020.
1. You can submit a nomination by completing the entry form at the end of this article.
2. Your Amazing Women Nominations can be submitted from 16 March 2020 and the closing date for entries is 30 April 2020.
3. There are two categories and there will be one winner(s) for each category. The winner of each category will be featured in the November issue of W&H.
4. Nominees must be over 40 years of age and South African residents, excluding employees and past employees of Caxton Magazines, its printers and agents, any category sponsors, suppliers of the prizes and any other company associated with the Awards (including members of the immediate families or households of the above).
5. It is your responsibility to obtain permission from the person you are nominating before submitting them as a nominee.
6. If you are under 18 years old, you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to submit a nomination and you must provide the name and daytime telephone number of your parent or legal guardian on request.
8. The promoter of the woman&home Amazing Women Awards is Caxton Magazines, which has its registered offices located at 368 Jan Smuts Avenue, Craighall, Johannesburg.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Avid writer, dedicated journalist and now Features Editor of Woman&Home magazine. She’s sure to tell you about the latest online shopping deals and what THIS celeb said on The Graham Norton Show. She has a slight TV series addiction and can often be seen watching movie trailers in her lunch hour. Also firmly believes that the road to heaven is paved with MacDonald’s chips.