This December, you can have your cake and eat it too, thanks to SPAR Freshline’s delectable range of Christmas desserts.
The days of slaving away in the kitchen trying to bake the perfect cake are over. This festive season, let SPAR Freshline take the hard work out of your dessert spread with its indulgent Christmas range. From mince pies and biscuits to the traditional Christmas cake, you won’t have to lift a finger this holiday.
Also Try This Delicious Lemon And Rosemary Chicken Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, diced
- Handful fresh sage, finely chopped
- Handful rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Minced meat from 500g pork sausages
- 1 x 350g SPAR Freshline Christmas Fruit Cake, crumbled
- ½ cup (125ml) sherry
- Salt and black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 large free-range chicken
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Large knob butter, softened
- Salt, for seasoning
- Handful fresh rosemary leaves and sprigs, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnishing
- Crispy roast potatoes, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For stuffing, heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion, sage and rosemary for 10 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Transfer into a bowl. Add minced meat, cake and sherry. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed, and set aside.
- Place chicken in a large roasting dish. Spoon stuffing into cavity until filled. Place any leftover stuffing aside.
- Rub chicken skin with garlic, mustard and butter. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary. Top with lemon slices. Roast chicken and extra stuffing for 1 hour
15 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Serve with extra stuffing and roast potatoes.
Tip: You can make the stuffing a day or two earlier – simply cover and refrigerate until needed.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.