Whether it’s those delicate materials, white cotton bed linen or your favourite top, we have the perfect guide to keep fabrics spotlessly clean…
After sorting your washing and pre-treating any stains, it’s time to wash them. However, with all the different temperatures and washing cycles available, it can be confusing to know what you should wash on which cycle and temperature setting.
Here’s a handy table to show you at which temperature you need to wash different fabrics:
White cotton and linens
Colourfast cotton and linens
White synthetic and cotton blends
All nylons and synthetics
Delicate items and wool or wool blends
All-purpose – most commonly used temperature
|Hot – 60°C
To maintain the crisp whiteness
To retain the brightness of the colours
|50°C||40°C or lower||30°C or cold wash||40°C is safe for all fabrics|
The label on the item will state the blend of fibres in the garment or linen, along with washing instructions. Opt for a cool wash in your Bosch washing machine if the label is missing and you don’t know what the washing instructions are or from what material the item is made.
Laundry Temperature Tips for Hot and Warm Washes
Warmer temperatures remove oil-based stains better, but remember to use them only for fabrics, like cotton, which you can wash in warm (50°C) or hot (60°C) water:
- A hot wash sanitises the items you are washing. It makes a great wash cycle for cotton bed linen – especially if someone in the family has been ill.
- Hot water can set protein stains, though, so be careful and remove those stains first using OMO Auto and washing the items in your Bosch washing machine.
- Warm washes may dull certain colours, so be sure to only use warm washes where necessary and appropriate.
Laundry Temperature Tips for Cold Washes
- Garments are less likely to fade when washed in cold water, which makes it perfect for washing bright colours. The cold wash will keep the colour from running or fading.
- Pre-treat stains with OMO Auto before washing, as cold washes may struggle to remove certain stains.
- Wash delicate items in a cold wash, using the “delicate” wash cycle on your Bosch washing machine. A cold wash will give the items a longer lifespan.
Why choose Bosch?
- Enjoy supremely quiet operation and excellent durability
- 10-year warranty on the EcoSilence Drive™:
- Extremely energy-efficient and quiet in operation with an especially long life
- German Engineering
- Energy efficiency class: A+++
- Offers you high energy efficiency without compromising on the wash result
BOSCH recommends OMO AUTO: Remove tough stains in a quick wash!
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.