Nowadays there’s an app for everything. Lines and lines of digital coding align to solve almost all of our problems. That being said – ever wonder how you can make the most of each hour in your work day? There are countless apps that are designed specifically to help your workflow, concentration, and organisation. These kinds of apps fall under the large umbrella of “productivity” apps.
Here we’ve rounded up our favourites – the must-haves of the modern working woman.
These apps have all been designed to solve specific problems you may face during your work day. We’ll tell you where to find these productivity apps, and why you absolutely have to download them. We’ve also only curated free apps for peak accessibility (without the fear of commitment).
The premise is simple: when needing to concentrate, you start a timed session (or, ‘plant a tree’). You set the time – be it 20 minutes of concentration or an hour – and the tree grows during your session. After a full day’s work, you can have grown a forest of little concentration trees.
If, during your session, you fiddle on your phone or disrupt the app in any way, your session is ended and that tree dies. Also, the app provides concentration soundtracks, like the sounds of a forest or rainfall. These audio tracks help block out any distractions.
- Where can you download it? It’s available to download on Android and iOs.
- Why you should download this app: It’s great for those who are easily distracted. The app also compiles detailed statistics tracking your periods of concentration and hours worked. Furthermore, the more users concentrate, the more actual real-life trees are planted by the app developers.
If your brain gets fuzzy at the thought of dates, meetings and ever-growing schedules, then this is the app for you. Todoist is your one-stop organisation app. Plan meetings, set reminders, and stick to your to-do lists.
The app’s design is minimal and easy to use. It combines high functionality with no-bones-about-it design. You can also build lasting habits with recurring due dates like ‘every Monday’.
This one can work in a team setting as well, as your team can collaborate on projects by assigning tasks to one another. It’s a helpful tool in any workplace because you can also integrate your other digital tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, and Amazon Alexa.
- Where can you download it? It’s available on Android and iOs.
- Why you should download this app: Todoist is basically everything you’ll ever need to stay organised. It’s compatible with a team setting, but can also be used for individual or personal goals. It is versatile and easy to use.
Most of us are so prone to wasting minutes, which turn into hours, each day, and Toggl helps you visualise this. The Toggl team advertises that this will assist you to “find out what’s making you money, and what’s holding you back.”
What’s more, Toggl can be used and synced across multiple devices. This means that you can access your up-to-the-minute time tracking from your phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop effortlessly. It’s an integrated solution to a widespread problem that may be holding you back.
- Where can you download it? It’s available on iOs, Android, and desktop.
- Why you should download this app: The app’s comprehensive tracking is useful in visualising how your time is spent. We all waste time of tasks that are ultimately unhelpful and Toggl aims to reduce this. It’s also great for business owners who are in command of their flexi-time and may assist in payroll tracking.
Pocket helps organise and curate the mass of information that comes at us all day long. It’s easy to get caught up in your day and ultimately not get to reading what’s really relevant or interesting to you.
This app lets you save the latest stories, articles, news, sports and videos from any device, and any publisher or app. Once they’re saved, you can read them at your own leisure. Pocket makes sure you don’t miss a beat (at a time that’s most convenient for you).
With this system, you don’t have to save hundreds of bookmarks or keep dozens of tabs open when you’re interested in something – just save them to Pocket. You can also sync your saved articles between your devices.
- Where can you download it? It’s available on Android, iOs, and desktop.
- Why you should download it: This productivity app is easy on the eyes and super easy to navigate. For people who are constantly on the run, this app allows you to curate your favourite content and access it when you have some time. If you find yourself constantly focusing on work, Pocket is helpful in keeping you up-to-date with your hobbies and interests in your downtime.