Feast your eyes on these scrumptious treats! This Easter, indulge in SPAR Freshline’s range of baked goods. Speckled eggs lend a touch of whimsy to delicious cake and cupcakes. Freshly toasted hot cross buns will keep hunger at bay, while you create the perfect Easter lunch for your brood.
SPAR Freshline’s delicious hot cross buns are now available in five mouth-watering flavours; Raisin Free, Caramel & Chocolate, Traditional, Extra Spicy, and Chocolate.
Also try this delicious cheeseboard with hot cross bun Melba toast
- For the Melba toast:
- 4 SPAR Freshline Hot Cross Buns (we used the extra spicy variety)
- 50g SPAR salted butter, melted
- Salt, to taste
- To assemble:
- SPAR cheeses of choice (we used French Camembert, blue cheese and white Cheddar)
- SPAR Freshline Seedless Grapes
- Easter eggs of your choice
- 1 whole pomegranate, halved (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Pickles/jams of your choice (optional)
- For the Melba toast, preheat the oven to 160°C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Very thinly slice the hot cross buns width-ways using a sharp bread knife. Arrange the slices on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each slice with the melted butter and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 5 – 10 minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye on the Melba toast which can easily burn. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- To assemble, place the cheeses on a large platter. Arrange the grapes, Easter eggs, pomegranate halves, edible flowers and pickles/ jams around the cheeses, if desired. Add the hot cross bun Melba toast to complete your cheeseboard. Dig in!