December is a month where the malls get fuller and everyone is trying to cram in as much shopping as possible! It can be stressful dealing with the hordes of other shoppers with the same idea.
Here are some clever hacks to help you spend less time scurrying around from store to store. Let’s get ready to conquer the mall!
- Plan your route.If you’re going to be visiting different shops, optimise your route so that you don’t need to double back. You’ll save time and energy this way – now’s not the time for window shopping!
- Analyse the situation. No, we’re not saying go snooping into other people’s trollies! Check out how fast (or slow) the cashier is scanning items and what the person ahead of you is buying. It may sound like we’re setting you up to be a ‘nosy Suzie’, but sometimes queuing behind five people who are buying three things each is quicker than queueing behind one person with an overloaded trolley.
- Take your queue. Various sources state that the cashier queues on the left-hand side move faster than the others. We’re not sure how true that is, but you can certainly assess the queue you think will move faster. Try to avoid a queue that snakes around the store at all cost!
- Be careful when parking.You may have comprehensive car insurance, but make sure that you pay careful attention to where you park. Don’t squeeze into the tiniest space possible just because it’s closest to the entrance or where someone is bound to dent your door trying to get into their car! If you are part of the 70% South African motorists who do not have car insurance, get an insurance quote.
- If all else fails, do it online. If you really can’t stand the thought of braving the crowds, or you simply can’t find what you’re looking for – buy online. You’ll save yourself from the inevitable hunt for the perfect parking spot – and may even save a bit of money. Just be sure to leave enough time for delivery – especially during busy times like December.
Get your festive shopping done early and you’ll be sure to #liveyourway by spending some well-deserved downtime with family and recharging. Here’s to a relaxed and enjoyable December, and, of course, some catch-up with loved ones!
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.