Gwyneth Paltrow, Uma Thurman, Tom Jones and countless more A-listers all swear by it, but what is the Paleo diet?
Put simply, it’s a diet based on the natural foods our ancestors lived on during the Paleolithic Age some 2.5 million years ago.
Unlike contemporary diet fads, there are no complex rules to follow. Simply stick to meat, fish, nuts, seeds, fruit and vegetables, banishing synthetic and heavily processed foods that disrupt the digestive tract.
Food expert and author Daniel Green explains the Paleo eating plan’s pluses: “There is no weighing food, or counting calories. You eat until you are full. There is no starvation or hunger, just satisfying food that tastes great, and as a result, we’re healthier and therefore happier.”
Paleo also operates according to an “80-20” rule, which means that if 80% of what you eat is Paleo, the remaining 20% can fall outside.
“I love this concept, and not because I want an excuse to eat pizza and ice cream and chocolate on my days off, but because it’s what makes this diet realistic.
“So you love chocolate? Great, you can have it, just in moderation. It’s when we deny ourselves things that the cravings build and build and lead to excessive, unhealthy binges and the vicious cycle of yo-yo weight loss and gain,” Daniel says.
This moderate eating plan deserves a moderate exercise regime, so we’ve paired it with sneaky exercises you can do every day.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.