We all know what menopause is – when your body stops its menstrual cycle naturally. Menopause is often thought of as a terrible occurrence (granted, it’s not the most pleasant experience a woman has to go through) but there are ways around it to lessen the “trauma”.
1. Do it your way
Just because your best friend is taking hormones and all sorts of medication, doesn’t mean you have to. Menopause is different for every woman, so consult with your doctor and find the solution that works for you.
2. We are what we eat
Another unfortunate effect of menopause is that your metabolic rate may slow down – your body stores your energy as fat, and as your oestrogen levels fall, your appetite increases, and just like that you’ve gained weight without even changing your diet. Try keeping your blood sugar balanced by eating small meals throughout the day – and cut the carbs, especially at night.
3. Take a supplement
Your vitamin regime helps but when going through menopause, you need extra help. Take Primeve Plus capsules when symptoms arise. It’s an Evening Primrose Oil supplement that’s designed for the general well-being of women. These soft gel capsules contain:
- Evening Primrose Oil which may decrease the intensity of hot flashes.
- Magnesium which contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism. It plays a role in reducing fatigue and maintains bones and muscle function.
- Vitamin B6 which contributes to normal psychological function, assists with the regulation of hormonal activity, and contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin E which is a natural antioxidant that is essential for the maintenance of healthy skin and protects cells from the effects of free radicals.
- Zinc which helps to maintain healthy skin and nails, contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, and helps to maintain immune function.
4. Avoid triggers for hot flashes
Hot flashes are a common symptom of menopause – and very unpleasant at that! Your body temperature rises, your face goes red and blotchy and then it’s all over and you’re cold. In addition to taking Primeve Plus capsules, avoid triggers like spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol. When it happens, try some breathing exercises until it passes.
5. Manage stress
Menopause throws your hormones out of whack so it’s inevitable that your mood is going to change. You may experience anxiety and moodiness when going through menopause so it’s important to try to manage outside factors that are in your control. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, eating a well-balanced diet and exercising regularly. Remember to also look after your mental well-being with yoga or meditation.