With cold weather comes unwanted sniffles, coughs and headaches, all associated with colds and flu. This is the season that is most dreaded by parents when it comes to looking after their family and keeping them safe from getting sick.
“Giving your family the best care, from the youngest member to the oldest, is a priority for every parent,” comments Mario Correia, brand manager for trusted decongestant brand Karvol. “Providing the whole family with what they need to combat their symptoms quickly and effectively means having the right elements on hand working together to create a holistic solution.”
Correia suggests the following tips to provide your family with the care they need and deserve while effectively battling symptoms associated with colds and flu:
- A humidifier is a quick and easy way to relieve the pain associated with nasal congestion by creating moisture in the air. Breathing in moist air can soothe the inflamed membranes and blood vessels in your nose while, thinning the mucus in your sinuses. This assists in flushing out the mucus quickly, helping you to breathe easier.
- Use a brand such as Karvol to help the entire family overcome congestion symptoms associated with colds and flu. The Karvol adult chest rub and the Karvol decongestant capsules, suitable for children from three months old, aids in relieving nasal congestion and symptoms of cold and flu. The combination of aromatic oils including menthol, camphor, eucalyptus, thymol and lavender oil, when released work actively to help you breathe more easily day and night. The capsules can be added to the humidifier, or even dotted onto a handkerchief placed next to your child as they sleep.
- Rest your body while sick. Give your body a chance to get better, which is best achieved through relaxation and rest.
- Staying hydrated when you are sick is important as it helps to thin the mucus in your nose, expelling it quicker and relieving pressure. If you are suffering from a sore throat as well, warm tea is a soothing option to help keep you hydrated.
- Relieve pain by using age-appropriate pain medication. If you are unsure what pain medication you should give your child, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Relieving the body aches and other pain, will allow your body to rest more easily and give you a chance to get over your cold or flu.
Quick, effective relief from colds and flu is needed to get your family up and about and feeling better. “Winter is a time when colds and flu are more prevalent, and therefore knowing how to treat the symptoms when they occur helps in providing relief and comfort from the start for the entire family,” suggests Correia.
ALSO SEE 10 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR WINTER WORKOUT