Try out this simple detox diet for a slimmer waist in a weekend.
- Berry smoothie made with 100g frozen summer berries and 200ml nut or oat milk
- Overnight oats or muesli made with 3tbsp sugar-free muesli or oats in a bowl, soaked overnight in 200ml oat or nut milk and 1tbsp chia seeds. Add 1 grated apple, a handful of blueberries and 1tbsp Greek yoghurt.
ALSO SEE: The 7-Day Diet Plan
- Scrambled eggs with flaked, poached salmon, plus a few raspberries with yoghurt for dessert.
- Carrot and peanut salad made with 1 large carrot, 25g salted peanuts and fresh chives mixed in a bowl with plenty of fresh lettuce or spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and a touch of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Vegetable soups. Experiment and make your own with 1 leek, a bunch of watercress and 1 small potato – boiled with 400ml chicken stock.
- Avocado and prawn tabbouleh made with 40g bulgur wheat (simmer for 10-15 minutes in boiling water), 90g cooked, peeled prawns and 1 small diced avocado. You can also add cherry tomatoes, chives, spring onions, mint or parsley for extra flavour.
- Fresh juices might help boost vitamins and antioxidants but they can be loaded with sugar. So if you want a fresh juice, limit yourself to one a day and go for a fruit and veggie combo.
- Avoid drinking traditional tea and coffee as they’re high in caffeine and avoid adding milk to your drinks. Rather enjoy cleansing fruit teas and herbal infusions.
- You can enjoy a tub of probiotic-rich yoghurt each day as stress, poor diet, and antibiotics can destroy healthy gut bacteria.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.