From boosting your immune system to breaking down that pesky cellulite, experts reveal that Ozone Therapy is the next best thing to keep your wellbeing humming along.
What is ozone therapy?
Ozone Therapy utilises ozone – a colourless gas made up of three oxygen atoms, to improve your body’s intake and use of oxygen.
If your oxygen level is 88% or below, Ozone Therapy is often recommended to ensure your blood has enough for your body’s needs. Ozone has been used successfully for at least 80 years in many countries to treat over 150 diseases including cancer, HIV/aids, diabetes, stroke, depression, chronic fatigue, lupus, fibromyalgia, and more. This is because no disease can thrive in an alkaline, oxygen-rich environment.
The beauty industry has also started to use oxygen in various skincare treatments and creams to detoxify the skin, improve its tone and texture and minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Angie Clausen, who is the founder of Oxylisious Ozone Therapy in Durban is passionate about health and wellness. She believes that when it comes to looking after yourself and avoiding chronic conditions, prevention is better than cure. In her experience, she’s found that Ozone Therapy is one of the best ways to prevent and treat many health-related conditions.
How does Ozone Therapy work?
One of the most common ways to have Ozone Therapy is through a special capsule or case, also known as Ozone sauna therapy. You simply sit inside the capsule, which closes around your whole body, just leaving your neck and head open. The capsule then releases a combination of warm steam, CO2 gas and an ozone/oxygen mixture into the sealed off chamber for around 30 minutes. If you love sitting in a sauna, then you’ll love this treatment!
Ozone therapy for skin conditions
“If you are suffering from skin problems and can’t seem to find a product that works for you, you might want to consider the steam sauna therapy treatment,” says Angie. Skin conditions such as acne, rash, eczema, psoriasis, scarring, candida/thrush, sores and warts are treated with this therapy which opens the pores to promote purification by ridding the body of toxins and free radicals through the process of sweating. It’s simple, but it works!
Here are 15 more ways Ozone Therapy could help you
- It’s 100% natural and chemical-free, which means it helps to detoxify and cleanse the system by stimulating the sweat glands without putting strain on your internal organs
- It’s also effective at detoxifying the lymph system and cells in your body
- It helps to rid the skin of environmental pollutants, leaving you looking radiant
- It eliminates and oxidises toxins in the body
- It helps to boost the metabolism naturally – thanks to the heating and sweating
- Ozone Therapy oxygenates haemoglobin (your red blood cells) and strengthens your immune system (your white blood cells)
- It improves blood circulation, mineral absorption and heart function
- Ozone tightens and firms the skin by breaking down cellulite, burning fat and excess sugar
- It neutralises acidity in the body
- It helps to boost energy levels
- It prevents premature ageing
- A few sessions can help to relieve stress, anxiety and brain fog
- It helps you to sleep better
- Ozone therapy kills degenerative diseases, viruses such as colds and flu, and harmful micro-organisms
- It helps to fights herpes, and treat infections and bronchial problems
A freelance writer and editor, with 15 years’ experience in the media industry. With a passion for health and fitness, Tammy loves nothing more than researching the latest wellness trends. And if she’s not running around after her sweet four-year old daughter, you’ll find Tammy on her bike, in the gym or exploring the great outdoors – followed by a good coffee, of course!