Bringing together the very best of gardening, planting trends and outdoor living design, this year’s Cape Town Flower Show is an event not to be missed!
From Thursday 27th to Sunday 30th October, The Cape Town Flower Show brings all your landscaping, gardening & floral needs to one spectacular setting. With a focus on beauty, sanctuary and sustainability; celebrating local food, culture and community, the annual lifestyle show taps into a young & vibrant South African and international gardening culture.
What to see, do & eat at this year’s Cape Town Flower Show:
- Show Gardens – the spectacular highlight of the event, marvel at more than 20 show gardens, designed by the country’s top landscape architects and designers.
- The South African Mint Floral Theatre – Relish in the atmosphere of the South African Mint Floral Theatre, where the MasterFlorist ™ Competition will be taking place. You can enjoy curated fixed flower displays Here you will also find Jill Manson who will also be presenting her unique flower communication workshop called FLOWERSCAPE. Limited seats are available. Please note that the MasterFlorist ™ competition is not open to visitors but can be watched at the Food and Drinks Garden
- Epson Flowers in Art – a unique curation of flora & fauna represented in South Africa’s finest paintings, ceramics, etchings and other artistic mediums while enjoying a selection of exclusive wines from the Boschendal range as well as gorgeously handcrafted and organic chocolate from Honest Chocolate.
- Horticultural Exhibits, Nurseries & Seeds – a wide range of experts will be on hand to give you personalised advice, as well as a variety of seeds, plants & on-trend gardening products on sale directly to you!
- Food & Drinks Garden – set among the gardens, sample and buy from artisanal food producers while you sip on a craft beer, craft gin, bubbly or wine.
- Workshops & Demos – there’s something for everyone, from keen and novice gardeners, right through to the kids, expect planting know-hows, floral arrangement demonstrations, biomimicry, orchid care and so much more!
- High Tea Talks – In the Lady Anne Barnard Room, with views over the show gardens at the Cape Town Flower Show, meet and mingle with some of South Africa’s horticulture, gardening and food celebrities at a series of ‘high tea talks’. High Tea Talks ticket holders will enjoy an hour’s talk and be served a sumptuous spread of food, a glass of bubbly, copious cups of tea and all in a beautiful setting.
- VIP Area – The VIP area at the Cape Town Flower Show is situated on one of the balconies at the Castle overlooking all the magnificent show gardens. VIP ticket holders will enjoy a glass of bubbly or sparkling water and a gorgeous plate of cucumber and smoked salmon sandwiches in the VIP balcony and lounge area, a private VIP cash bar serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, VIP restrooms as well as general access to the Cape Town Flower Show for that day.
When & Where?
The Castle of Good Hope, Cape Town.
Thursday 27th – Sunday 30th October, 2016
10am – 9pm: Thursday – Saturday
10am – 5pm: Sunday
Avoid disappointment and book now for monthly early bird specials. Tickets available at Computicket. At the door: R180 (adults); R90 (10-17 year-olds); Children under 10: FREE
Visit www.capetownflowershow.co.za for more information, and keep an eye on the Facebook event page The Cape Town Flower Show for updates!
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.