Kick sleepless nights, sugar cravings and stress this week with these 6 simple life swaps.
Put the smart devices away
Ban all cell phones, tablets, computers and TV for at least 45 minutes before bedtime. The light from the screens destroy the sleep hormone melatonin and while you will still be able to fall asleep, you will not feel well rested the next day.
Kick the coffee
Swap your cuppa Joe for a cup of green tea. A fresh cup of Five Roses Green Tea has a lot more health benefits. The anti-oxidants will fight free radicals and help reduce the signs of ageing. Who doesn’t want that? It also contains a lot less caffeine than coffee and won’t keep you up long after your bedtime.
Curb the craving
The next time you are craving something sweet, opt for fruit instead of that chocolate bar. It is much healthier for you and you will feel better about yourself afterwards. You can also save your calories for special occasions and then go all out without feeling too guilty.
Make a change
The amount of sugar in soft drinks are doesn’t do your health any favours. Opt for water instead of soft drinks. If you are looking to liven it up try the new Five Roses Green Tea flavours, which is available in mint as well as apple and pear flavour. They are both refreshing and delicious and reducing your sugar intake will help you feel lighter, have more energy and live a much healthier lifestyle.
Stress is a killer make time to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the important things like spending time with family and friends and spending time outdoors. Spend more time relaxing and it will have a fantastic impact on your health.
Get lost in a book
Losing yourself inside a fantastic novel for a few hours is a great way to unwind. Add to the experience by making yourself a cup of Five Roses Green Tea and read the hours away while savouring some golden green goodness.
Win 1 of 2 Yuppiechef vouchers worth R1 500 each!
Five Roses’ new range of green teas doesn’t compromise on taste and has all the health properties that make green tea so popular. It comes in a range of delicious flavours and fits perfectly with your healthy lifestyle. Try it for yourself!
To celebrate the new Five Roses green tea range, they are giving away 1 of 2 Yuppiechef vouchers worth R1 500 each, simply fill in your details below and keep your fingers crossed!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This Five Roses Win 1 of 2 Yuppiechef Vouchers Online Competition (“Competition”) is organised and conducted by Entyce Beverages, a division of National Brands Limited, a subsidiary of AVI Limited, including their affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Promoter”).
- This Competition will run from 1 October 2015 to midnight on 6 November 2015. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Participants must be 18 years or older (or if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians) and have a valid identity document or passport and reside in the Republic of South Africa (“Participants”/”you”/”your”).
- Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants of the Promoter, their subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions and/or associated companies or of the advertising or promotion agencies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or their spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners.
- Entries must be submitted by the Participant themselves and not by a third party on the Participant’s behalf.
- By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Promoter and the Promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entry into the Competition will be via the rooi rose, Vrouekeur, Food and Home Entertaining and woman&home online magazines.
- To enter this Competition you need to complete your details on the online Entry Form and submit.
- Entries are limited to 1 (one) entry per Participant. If more than 1 (one) entry is received by a Participant, only the first entry will be considered.
- You can enter and stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 2 (two) Yuppiechef vouchers to the value of R1500 (one thousand five hundred rand) each, per online publication.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter reserve the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Winner will be bound by the Yuppiechef voucher terms and conditions.
- The Promoter will not be liable for Yuppiechef vouchers that are lost or stolen, after the prize has been delivered to the winner.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
- The winners will be selected by a random draw overseen by an independent person. The winners will be determined within 10 (ten) working days after the closing date of the Competition or as soon as reasonably possible.
- The winners will be contacted via telephone and/or email on the number or email address provided in the Entry Form within 2 (two) working days after of the determination of the prize winner.
- The winners will be required to provide their name and identity numbers as required by the Consumer Protection Act.
- If a prize winner does not respond within 2 (two) working days of first being contacted by the Promoter or is not reachable, the prize winner will automatically forfeit their right to receive the prize and a replacement prize winner will be selected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, has contravened any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 2 (two) attempts for any reason whatsoever, if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable, or the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize. In this instance the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize winners will be contracted to arrange delivery of the prizes and they will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize, if applicable.
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
- By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
- The winners have the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. The Participants may elect to receive future marketing material from the Promoter or their agents if they select that option on the Entry Form. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Promoter may publish the winner’s name and images on, including but not limited to, the Promoter’s Facebook page or website, if applicable, without any liability to the Promoter or remuneration due to the winners.
- All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
- Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify the Promoter. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for –
- entries that are hidden, lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, misdirected, defective, inaccessible, compromised, incomplete, damaged or delayed and all such entries are void and will not result in Competition entry;
- any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or failure on the part of your service provider. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Participants are responsible for their own costs of connecting to the online page.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Further information call the Consumer line on 0860 100 219 (office hours 8.00am to 4.30 pm week days).