What’s now… trousers
Whether you’re working that wider leg or cinching into your skinny trousers, here’s how to find the perfect shape for your pins and let your legs do the talking…
Get the trousers trend right:
- Rev up black basics with a burst of bold colour
- Wear skinny trousers with a long-line knit or billowing blouse
- Try tapered trousers with a trim, tucked in tee or chic embellished shell
- Pair looser trousers with a neat high-necked blouse or cotton shirt
5 tricks to master the trousers trend now
Want to try a new trend? Who says your legs can’t steal the show? Pep up your everyday look with an eye-pop
print. Spend time shopping for the right shape, then keep everything else as understated as possible.
What shape should you wear next? Nothing beats a pleat-front peg pant- like a toned-down harem pant, they’re roomy on the hip, nipped in above the ankle, and mean comfort and style in one buy! On or off duty, they’ll work around the clock.
What do you wear with it? Your best new-season buy can only be a covetable cotton blouse. Too busty or tummy conscious? Head for a longer, looser tunic style to fit the bill
What’s the right fabric? Slinky and silky is the stylish way forward- see those wide-legged pants swish over sky-high mules. Fashion-forward, flattering and let’s face it, they couldn’t feel nicer.
What makes them modern? Show you’re in the know by simply rolling up those ankles. And on your feet? If you’re feeling flat out, then brogues will work best.
7 more ways to work the trousers look
- Shimmer through the party season with sexy sequin pants
- Layer up and over your knees with a pair of luxe, leather boots
- Tuck in that blouse and let that top-to-toe print pop
- Work an easy-to-layer gilet and hide a bigger bottom
- Feel confident in culottes with a wearable wedge heel
- Make your fashion mark and try up to the minute turn-ups
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.