Do you struggle to dress your petite frame, feeling like any trend you try drowns your shape and makes you look shorter? It’s the illusion of height you’re after and with these simple tips, tricks and clever fashion buys, you’ll get it.
Petite dressing 101
- Take one colour and wear it top-to-toe, this draws the eye down your body with no interruptions creating the illusion of length.
- When choosing a neckline opt for V-shaped and U-shaped to elongate your neck and chest area, and go for soft fabrics that slide over your body to accentuate your curves.
- Always try and wear heels, they are a must-have for your shape. A pair of sexy nude heels are the ultimate leg lengtheners.
Best petite buys
Here is our pick of the top styles of clothing to choose when shopping for your shape.
- An easy-to-wear shirt dress is perfect for petites, add this season’s must-have accessories and you’re ready to go.
- Tunic style dresses work in so many ways. Team with leggings and pumps for day and rev it up at night with a cinched-in belt and sexy heels.
- Big oversized bags overwhelm a small framed person- rather opt for a medium size bag or a clutch purse for the right look.
- Tailored bootleg trousers that are fitted on your hips are great for giving the appearance of longer legs.
- A wide belt will cut your figure in half and break up the vertical illusion you’ve created to look taller, opt for slim belts instead.
- Wear cropped jackets and nippy blazers to complement your smaller frame.
- Accessories can be overwhelming in a petite frame so it’s advisable to choose scaled- down jewellery.