Those with classic pear-shaped figure have heavier hips and thighs holding all their weight on the bottom halves of their bodies. Small waists and arms are their best assets.
Here are a few key points to remember when dressing a pear shape:
- Dresses and skirts in lightweight material like chiffon will skim over heavy hips and thighs.
- Flatter your lower half with a dark-based colour.
- Avoid side pockets and detailed back pockets on trousers.
- If you going two-tone, stick to darker tones on your bottom half to instantly flatter hips.
- Bring the focus on top to keep attention away from your heavier lower half.
- Light layers that are cleverly styled will minimise your shape without adding extra weight to your look.
When shopping for your shape the following items should be on the top of your list:
- Balance out your shape with vibrant colours and prints up top.
- A longer-line jacket, coat or cardigan will disguise heavier hips.
- Wide leg trousers, culottes, full skirts and bootleg jeans will balance out your shape.
- A fine, flowing pleated skirt will hide bigger hips.
- Hold-you-in briefs, perfect for under dresses and skirts will minimise your bottom half.
- Statement jackets and bold necklaces make an impact up top and keep attention away from your lower body.
- Flared dresses will be your best friend.
- A flattering long-lapel blazer will look slick and elegant.
- Show off a small waist with a thin belt.
- Go for figure-fitting tops in bold prints and colours to show off your small torso.
If you remember these easy points for dressing for your shape, you will look instantly slimmer and feel like a new you.