We’re firm believers that all fashion-conscious ladies should save space in their wardrobe for a fabulous selection of evening jackets.
Truly versatile, they work really well with a combination of looks, from smart outfits to more relaxed ensembles.
With this in mind, it’s not hard to see why they’re a popular feature on catwalks from some of the world’s leading high-end fashion brands including Chanel, Valentino, and Moschino.
We’ll also demonstrate that there are plenty of options to suit every budget, ranging from purse-friendly styles to luxurious buys you’ll be able to recycle for years to come.
Top tips for choosing evening jackets
- Are you looking to add definition to your figure? Go for a sequined bolero that’s gently nipped in above the waist – it’s a simple yet effective trick for creating the appearance of hourglass curves. This kind of jacket is wonderful for layering over a fitted LBD.
ALSO SEE: The Best Flattering Long-Sleeved Dresses
- We’ve seen lots of gorgeous glittering designs adorned with sequins in stores too.
- Keen to know what evening jackets look great when paired with dark skinny jeans, a camisole and courts?
- We recommend snapping up a fitted blazer, complete with a faux leather detail or sophisticated silky lapels.
READ MORE: The Best Slimming Leather Pieces
- Not only will a blazer prove you’ve mastered the notoriously tricky masculine trend, we’ve no doubt that it will quickly establish itself as one of your go-to evening wear essentials.
- Alternatively, a touch of embroidery or lace will inject instant glamour into the plainest clothing combinations.