An apple figure is a round shape with a thicker waist and a larger bust but great, slim legs and arms.
Here are a few key points to remember when dressing an apple shape:
• Elongate your torso to get a longer, leaner silhouette.
• Tops and jackets that flow over your mid-section will elongate your shape.
• Clothes that skim not cling will give you a softer silhouette rather than emphasising your curves.
• Show off your slim pins, ankles and arms – they are your best assets after all.
• Ruched and gathered details on your tummy will instantly flatter.
Apples should bear the following in mind when shopping for your shape:
• A shape-slimming tunic will make your torso look longer and leaner.
• Longer-length blazers will flow over your mid-section.
• Floaty, flowing blouses will give you a softer silhouette.
• Straight-cut trousers, skinny jeans, leggings, and cropped trousers to show off skinny legs and ankles.
• Printed pencil skirts will draw attention to slim legs.
• Peplum details will skim over a larger middle without clinging – like the dress below.
• Sleeveless and cap sleeve tops will emphasise skinny arms.
If you remember these easy points to dressing for your shape, you will look instantly slimmer and feel like a new you.