Dress to accentuate your best bits and disguise any problem areas with this useful advice from our fashion team on how to dress different body types.
Super curvy body types
- Tailored pieces work best to enhance your figure. Make sure you balance your proportions, and define your waist.
- Details like ruching flatters your figure, and a knotted waist is even better for the appearance of a smaller waist.
- Long layered necklaces will lengthen your body.
- Don’t be afraid of colour or print – a smaller all over print will look great on you.
- Heels will elongate your legs.
Apple body types
- Avoid clingy fabrics and keep it long and loose on top. Shorter boxy cuts will emphasise your mid-section.
- A structured one-button blazer nips in the waist and creates an hourglass figure.
- Stretch jeggings will hold you in where it matters.
- Think big with a carry-it-all tote and slim down in seconds.
Busty body types
- Elongate your upper body and flatter your bust with the essential deep V-neckline.
- Wide-legged trousers always flatter.
- A long strap satchel draws the eye downwards.
- Strappy heels add height and ultra-glamour.
Get this blouse for R329 from H&M
Pear body types
- The season’s full and pleated skirts will slim and trim where it matters most.
- Draw the eye upwards with bold prints.
- Go for cap sleeves, ruffles and other interest details at the shoulders and neckline to balance out your frame.
- Update your wardrobe with a wearable wedge.