Valentine’s Day is fast arriving! It’s time to grab your sweetheart and get ready for a day filled with love, laughter, and memories that will last a lifetime. Still not sure what you’ll be doing yet though? We’ve scouted Joburg, Cape Town and Durban to find your ultimate Valentine’s plans!
- Enjoy a romantic picnic in the botanical gardens of Johannesburg such as the Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden or Emmarentia Dam.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the city for a unique and breathtaking view of Johannesburg.
- Have a candlelit dinner at one of Johannesburg’s many romantic restaurants like Saigon Suzy, Perron, Arbour Cafe and Clico.
- Take a scenic drive to the Magaliesberg Mountains and enjoy a hike or a nature walk together.
- Take a tour of Johannesburg’s vibrant art scene, including visiting Victoria Yards and Everard Read.
- Take a scenic cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain for breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding area.
- Visit the beautiful Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden and enjoy a romantic picnic surrounded by the beauty of nature.
- Have a romantic dinner at one of Cape Town’s many fine dining restaurants, such as Olympia Cafe, Hacienda, Ariel and The Nines.
- Visit the Cape Winelands, including the towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, and Paarl, and enjoy a romantic wine tasting together.
- Take a scenic drive along the Chapman’s Peak Drive, one of the most beautiful coastal drives in the world, and enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean and the surrounding area.