The Great South African Bake Off has been running on BBC Lifestyle for a few weeks now, and we’re absolutely hooked!
Here’s a list of our favourite things about the show that’s got us whisking up a storm…
- From the very first episode, we loved the friendly camaraderie between the two presenters, Anne Hirsch and Lentswe Bengu. Their witty banter and warm smiles instantly put you at ease. We also love seeing them sneak sweet bites in the background!
- The Great South African Bake Off has an amazing look and feel. The set is bright and colourful, there’s a light airiness to the tent that makes you want to go and bake with them, and we love seeing little ducks paddling across the ponds of Nirox – picturesque and perfect.
- The show is structured in such a way that you get to know the bakers in a very natural manner – you aren’t bombarded with loads of information in one go, but gradually find out more about each baker as the episodes progress. Their personalities and home lives are seamlessly weaved through each episode.
- We love the Bake Off’s typically South African sense of humour. The presenters have it, the judges have it, and the bakers make us smile every week – even when there’s a disaster, they still manage to crack a smile.
- The creativity of these amateur bakers is absolutely astounding.
Catch each episode of The Great South African Bake off every Tuesday on BBC Lifestyle, DStv channel 174.